Office Manager (Part-time)
Alberta Enterprise Group (AEG) is seeking a professional, career-minded individual to join our dynamic team on a part time basis. This position is in Edmonton, Alberta. Hours of work are flexible.
The Alberta Enterprise Group is the only group of its kind that puts direct action for Alberta business at its core. Being part of AEG means being part of a community of Alberta business leaders who believe in driving change and building a brighter more prosperous future for all Albertans. By sharing information, advocating for Alberta business, and building bridges to new markets, AEG provides a voice to members on important issues facing business today. AEG, putting your business first.
The Office Manager is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and accounting duties in support of the executive team consisting of the President and Vice President of Policy & Communications and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate would have an interest in politics and public policy while enjoying planning and executing successful events. A background in basic accounting would be an asset.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to interact with business leaders and decision makers from across the province and beyond. The potential for this role is limitless. The successful candidate could also develop skills in photography, web design, writing and editing, and develop a broad understanding of business issues and opportunities.
Good people skills and careful attention to detail are a must.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the leadership team.
- Organize internal and external meetings and conference calls; including preparing information packages, agendas, organizing logistics, attending meetings, minutes and follow up on action items.
- Calendar management, including liaison with external contacts to schedule meetings.
- Domestic and international travel with Executives managing logistics for trade missions and various events.
- Maintain membership database, including follow up on membership renewals.
- Update prospect database and distribute members packages with information collected from various events.
- Arrange travel, including flights, accommodations, car rentals, etc.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Prepare month end reconciliation and payroll with responsibility for accounts receivable and payable.
- Arrange for invoice payments ensuring correct cost codes are used.
- Organize and maintain records.
- Liaise with auditors during the annual financial review.
- General office duties, i.e. bank deposit, mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, and answering telephones.
- Post secondary diploma in Business Administration or a combination of related experience/training.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience; experience supporting multiple executives considered an asset.
- Effective communications skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive materials.
- Professional appearance, diplomacy and demeanor.
- Attention to detail in all aspects.
- Able to work well under pressure, meet set deadlines and comfortable changing priorities when required.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks and Gmail with the ability to learn new software as required.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
Please send your resume for this unique opportunity to AEG President Josh Bilyk — firstname.lastname@example.org