President, Alberta Enterprise Group (AEG)
The Alberta Enterprise Group is seeking an ambitious and entrepreneurial leader to guide the organization to greater heights. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful fundraising and will develop a plan to increase membership, enhance the profile and leverage the membership for policy wins for all Albertans.
The AEG President will possess an in-depth understanding of policy development processes at all levels of government as well as general economic trends.
The next AEG president will have relevant post secondary education and possess no less than 10 years experience in a related field.
Specific duties/responsibilities include:
- Develop annual budget and business planning based on a sustainable funding model to ensure the implementation and success of AEG’s strategic goals.
- Provide organization leadership through the development of the strategic and operational plans including organization objectives, performance measures and targets.
- Manage communication, interaction and involvement on a consistent basis with the businesses that comprise the membership of AEG to ensure alignment and value of membership.
- Liaise with the Board and Committees to develop an ongoing plan for member retention and growth.
- Manage large and complex strategic events and campaigns
- Serve as media spokesperson for the organization.
- Support the operation, administration and governance of the Board of Directors by advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board members and staff.
- Provide solid relationship management with key industry stakeholders
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with members, partners, government, other industry stakeholders and the media to help promote the goals and objectives of organization
- Develop, lead and support key committees, initiatives and actions to achieve established objectives and targets
- Recruit, hire and provide performance review of AEG staff
- Identify risk and opportunities to the Board of Directors
- Provide government relations advice to members as required
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit resume firstname.lastname@example.org