Alberta Enterprise Group (AEG) is seeking a professional, career-minded individual to join our dynamic team as the Director of Communications and Policy in Edmonton, Alberta.
AEG is the only group of its kind that puts direct action for Alberta business at its core. Being part of AEG means being part of a community of Alberta business leaders who believe in driving change and building a brighter more prosperous future for all Albertans. By sharing information, advocating for Alberta business and building bridges to new markets, AEG provides a voice to members on important issues facing business today. AEG; putting your business first.
The Director of Communications and Policy is responsible for a wide variety of skills in support of the President, staff and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate would have an interest in politics and public policy while enjoying planning and executing successful events.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to interact with business leaders and key decision makers from across the province and beyond. The potential for this role is limitless. The successful candidate could also develop skills in photography and web design.
Good people skills and careful attention to detail are a must.
The Director of Communications and Policy is responsible for communications with AEG’s internal and external clients, its stakeholders, staff, the media and the general public. The Director analyzes and evaluates the needs of clients and stakeholders, interprets and brings to life the organization’s mission and vision and develops plans and strategies to accomplish the organization’s communication objectives.
- Plans and executes AEG campaigns including all advertising and publicity based work.
- Serves as media spokesperson as needed and develops strategic relationships with media partners.
- Researches and analyzes policy issues that are relevant to members as they arise.
- Participates in meetings with political leaders, other heads of stakeholder groups, makes presentations to government and legislative committees, speaks to service clubs and related groups.
- Authors opinion editorial pieces, speeches, news letter articles and news releases as required.
- Manages and optimizes AEG’s online presence – including web and social media channels.
- Supports membership and revenue growth by recruiting new members, promoting events and raising sponsorship revenue.
- Plans and executes successful events.
- University degree or equivalent experience in a communications/policy role.
- 8 or more years of experience in a professional communications environment.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans.
- A track record of published opinion editorials in major daily newspapers.
- Experience in media relations and social media management.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Superb public speaking skills.
- Understanding of public policy processes and fluency in political dynamics.
- Ability to quickly understand complex public policy issues and effectively communicate those issues to a broad range of audiences.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume for this unique opportunity to AEG President Josh Bilyk — email@example.com